Quilt Expo - Quilt Unbundling Team
Work in teams to unbundle and deliver quilts to hanging locations. Assist with other duties as needed.
Quilt Unbundling Team Job Duties
- Unfold and place a bed sheet in front of each quilt panel.
- Locate the wrapped bundles of quilts and the corresponding ID tag.
- Use the exhibit map to move the wrapped quilts to their assigned area in the exhibit.
- Carefully unroll the bundle of quilts.
- Identify tag on each quilt.
- Locate corresponding panel in the exhibit and carefully place quilt on the bed sheet.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Quilt Unbundling Team Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive demeanor.
- Physically able to stand and circulate throughout the exhibit to move quilts into their assigned locations.
- Able to routinely lift and move quilts weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Know and follow safety practices concerning lifting, moving and carrying materials.
- Be able to read and interpret a basic map.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Must wear white gloves during entire shift.
- Volunteers 18 and older may participate.
Year at a Glance