Quilt Expo - Rope & Pipe Team
Work in teams to hang row identification signs, wipe down pipe, deliver pipe and S-hooks to quilt hanging location and assist where needed.
Rope & Pipe Team Job Duties
- Set up tables at the end of each row of quilts.
- Determine pipe needed to hang each quilt.
- Remove pipe from rack and wipe down with a rag.
- Deliver pipe to designated quilt hanging location.
- Place hanging ropes and hooks in front of each quilt panel.
- Drop ropes and hooks into a cardboard tube and lift.
- Hang row identification signs.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Rope & Pipe Team Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive demeanor.
- Physically able to stand and circulate throughout the exhibit to deliver equipment.
- Able to routinely lift and move equipment weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Know and follow safety practices regarding moving equipment and materials.
- Basic arithmetic proficiency.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Must wear white gloves during entire shift.
- Volunteers 18 and older may participate.
Year at a Glance