Quilt Expo - Special Event Host
Welcome guests, collect tickets, direct visitors to open seats and assist where needed.
Special Event Host Job Duties
- Greet attendees.
- Collect tickets.
- Usher guests to the location of open seats.
- Sell merchandise at the end of the program, if needed.
- Assist with set up and tear down as requested by the presenter.
- Provide visitors with general event information.
- At the end of the program, direct visitors to the front or back entrance to exit the building.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Special Event Host Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive demeanor
- Strong communication and pronunciation skills.
- Enjoy working in a people focused environment.
- Ease and comfort announcing information or giving clear directions in an environment with many competing and possibly noisy conversations.
- Physically able to stand and circulate among attendees for short periods of time.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Volunteers 16 and older may participate.
Year at a Glance