Quilt Expo - Vendor Greeter
Monitor traffic flow near the loading dock entrance. Ensure that visitors have valid vendor or volunteer passes, answer basic show questions and provide directions to the locations of events and show facilities.
Vendor Greeter Job Duties
- Greet vendors, volunteers, and other guests.
- Ask visitors entering through the loading dock to display an appropriate vendor/volunteer pass or name badge.
- Guide visitors without a valid entrance pass to the back show entrance where they can purchase a ticket.
- Provide visitors with general event information.
- Direct visitors to the location of classrooms, quilt exhibits, vendor booths, food stations, and other Alliant Energy Center amenities.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Vendor Greeter Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive attitude.
- Strong communication and pronunciation skills
- Ease and comfort approaching all visitors to ensure each has the proper entrance pass.
- Demonstrated ability to be courteous, patient and resilient.
- Ability to maintain a calm and helpful demeanor in stressful or conflict situations.
- Aural acuity to hear and speak with visitors in an environment that has noise/distractions.
- Enjoy working in a people focused environment.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Volunteers 16 and older may participate.
Year at a Glance