Quilt Expo - Volunteer Check-In - Quilt Expo
Greet volunteers, hand them their name badges and direct them to training and orientation in the volunteer lounge.
Volunteer Check-In - Quilt Expo Job Duties
- Welcome volunteers.
- Check off each participant name on the sign-in sheet as volunteers check -in.
- Give each volunteer a name badge and lanyard.
- Direct volunteers to their training station to meet their captain.
- Straighten and organize the volunteer lounge between shifts.
- Provide visitors with general event information.
- Direct visitors to the location of classrooms, quilt exhibits, vendor booths, food stations, and other Alliant Energy Center facilities.
- Encourage volunteers to fill out an evaluation form at the end of their shift.
- Promote open job assignments.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Volunteer Check-In - Quilt Expo Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive demeanor
- Enjoys working in a people focused environment.
- Ability to effectively hear, communicate, and interact with volunteers during the check-in process.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Volunteers 16 and older may participate.
Year at a Glance