Quilt Expo - Workshop Assistant - Quilt Expo
Direct attendees to correct classrooms, collect tickets, and assist instructor as needed.
Workshop Assistant - Quilt Expo Job Duties
- Greet attendees.
- Collect tickets from class participants.
- Identify location of open seats.
- Assist with set up, class demonstrations, and tear down.
- Provide instructor with a wireless microphone and adjust settings for best sound quality.
- Distribute and collect evaluation forms.
- Direct visitors to the location of classrooms, quilt exhibits, vendor booths, food stations, and other Alliant Energy Center facilities.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Workshop Assistant - Quilt Expo Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive demeanor
- Strong communication and pronunciation skills.
- Enjoy working in a people focused environment.
- Physically able to stand and circulate among attendees for short periods of time.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Volunteers 16 and older may participate.
- NOTE: Quilting or sewing knowledge is not required to perform the duties of this job.
Year at a Glance