Quilt Expo - Wheelchair Rental Check-In
Check in rented wheelchairs and process paperwork under the general supervision of UW Health employees.
Wheelchair Rental Check-In Job Duties
- Locate customer paperwork.
- Verify wheelchair matches item on registration form.
- Accept chair from customer and write "returned" on paperwork.
- Inspect and gently clean outer surface of equipment.
- Place ID tag on wheelchair when it is clean and ready to re-issue.
- Provide visitors with general event information.
- Direct guests to the location of classrooms, quilt exhibits, vendor booths, food stations, and other Alliant Energy Center facilities.
Wheelchair Rental Check-In Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive demeanor.
- Strong communication and pronounciation skills.
- Physically able to stand, walk, stoop, squat and/or bend for short periods of time.
- Aural acuity to hear and speak with customers in an environment that has noise/distractions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Volunteers 16 and older may participate.
Year at a Glance