Quilt Expo - Appraisal Assistant
Collect tickets, keep appraisals on schedule and assist appraiser with handling quilts.
Appraisal Assistant Job Duties
- Welcome guests.
- Collect tickets from attendees.
- Work with the appraiser to keep the appraisals on time.
- Assist appraiser and visitors with moving quilts.
- Provide visitors with general event information.
- Direct visitors to the location of classrooms, quilt exhibits, vendor booths, food stations, and other Alliant Energy Center facilities.
- Other duties as assigned by the appraiser.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Appraisal Assistant Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive demeanor
- Strong communication and pronunciation skills.
- Enjoy working in a people focused environment.
- Physically able to stand and circulate among attendees for short periods of time
- Ability to pick up and move quilts weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Volunteers 16 and older may participate.
Year at a Glance