Quilt Expo - Floater - Quilt Expo
Volunteers will be given a job assignment to fill openings due to cancellations, unfilled positions and other staffing needs.
Floater - Quilt Expo Job Duties
- Willingness to undertake an unfilled or open volunteer position. Possible job assignments include:
- Community Service Project Assistant
- Lecture Assistant
- Main Stage Presentation Assistant
- Package Check
- Quilt Appraisal Assistant
- Quilt Exhibit Attendant
- Quilt Exhibit Greeter
- Raffles Sales & Information Desk
- Ticket Sales
- Vendor Greeter
- Volunteer Check-In
- Wheelchair Rental Check-In
- Will-Call Desk
- Workshop Assistant
- Work with event staff to determine your job assignment.
- Carry out the assigned job duties.
- Provide visitors with general event information.
- Direct visitors to the location of seminars, demonstrations, workshops, exhibitor booths, food stations, and other Alliant Energy Center amenities.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Floater - Quilt Expo Job Skills and Requirements
- Capability to complete the tasks of any of the above listed job assignments.
- High customer service orientation.
- Strong communication and pronunciation skills.
- Enjoy working in a people focused environment.
- Flexibility to complete a variety of job tasks. Some tasks may involve lifting or carrying.
- Easily able to adjust to changing working needs.
- Aural acuity to hear and speak with visitors in an environment that has noise/distractions.
- Comfortable working with cash and credit cards.
- Ability to maintain a calm and helpful demeanor in stressful or conflict situations.
- Physically able to stand and circulate among attendees.
- Know and follow safety practices regarding use of equipment related to your assigned job area.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Volunteers 16 and older may participate
Year at a Glance