Quilt Expo - Lecture Assistant
Direct attendees to the correct lecture rooms, collect tickets, lower/raise lights, distribute evaluation forms and assist speaker/presenter as needed.
Lecture Assistant Job Duties
- Greet attendees.
- Collect tickets from class participants.
- Identify location of open seats.
- Assist with set up, lecture demonstrations, and tear down.
- Adjust lighting in the room if needed.
- Provide presenter with a wireless microphone and adjust settings for best sound quality.
- Distribute and collect evaluation forms.
- Direct visitors to the location of classrooms, quilt exhibits, vendor booths, food stations, and other Alliant Energy Center facilities.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Lecture Assistant Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive demeanor
- Strong communication and pronunciation skills.
- Enjoy working in a people focused environment.
- Physically able to stand and circulate among attendees for short periods of time.
- Know and follow safety practices regarding use of equipment related to your job area.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Volunteers 16 and older may participate.
Year at a Glance