Quilt Expo - Main Stage Presentation Assistant
Help set up presentations, monitor seating, distribute handouts, check sound levels, take attendance and assist with clean up as needed.
Main Stage Presentation Assistant Job Duties
- Welcome guests.
- Assist with set up and tear down as directed by the speaker.
- Identify location of open seats.
- Distribute handouts.
- Provide presenter with a wireless microphone and adjust settings for best sound quality.
- Monitor the length of the presentation to keep your speaker on time.
- Evaluate sound levels and adjust as necessary.
- Count and record attendance for each demonstration.
- Provide visitors with general event information.
- Direct visitors to the location of classrooms, quilt exhibits, vendor booths, food stations, and other Alliant Energy Center facilities.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Main Stage Presentation Assistant Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive demeanor
- Strong communication and pronunciation skills.
- Enjoy working in a people focused environment.
- Physically able to stand and circulate among attendees for short periods of time.
- Able to routinely lift items weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Volunteers 16 and older may participate.
Year at a Glance