Quilt Expo - Package Check
Provide a daily package check service to guests and educators.
Package Check Job Duties
- Package Check-In Procedure:
- Collect package from guest and hand them a chip.
- Place package on shelf in numbered location matching chip ID.
- Package Check-Out Procedure:
- Collect chip from guest.
- Retrieve package from shelf and hand to visitor.
- Provide visitors with general event information.
- Direct guests to the location of classrooms, quilt exhibits, vendor booths, food stations, and other Alliant Energy Center facilities.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Package Check Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive demeanor.
- Strong communication and pronunciation skills.
- Able to routinely lift packages weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Physically able to stand and circulate among your work station for extended periods of time.
- Aural acuity to hear and speak with visitors in an environment that has noise/distractions.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Volunteers 16 and older may participate.
Year at a Glance