Quilt Expo - Photography Assistant
Work in teams to identify winning quilts to be photographed and move to staging area.
Photography Assistant Job Duties
- Volunteers will work in teams of four to complete the following job duties:
- Climb step ladders, carefully take down quilt and walk to staging area. (2 volunteers)
- Hold the center bottom of bed-size quilts to ensure they do not touch the floor. (1 volunteer)
- Locate next quilt to be photographed and direct volunteers to the correct location. (1 volunteer)
- Return each quilt to original hanging location post-photography.
- Follow instructions given by your captain and staff photographer.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Photography Assistant Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive demeanor.
- Physically able to stand and circulate throughout the exhibit to move quilts into their assigned locations.
- Able to routinely lift and move quilts weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Know and follow safety practices regarding lifting and use of step ladder and other equipment
- Be able to read and interpret a basic map.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Must wear white gloves during entire shift.
- Volunteers 18 and older may participate; volunteers 5’5” and taller are preferred.
- Flat soled shoes are required to use step ladder; flat sole and/or rubber soled, comfortable shoes are recommended for this assignment.
Year at a Glance