Quilt Expo - Quilt Hanging Crew
Work in teams to hang quilts with care in the contest exhibit and special exhibit areas.
Quilt Hanging Crew Job Duties
- Match tag on quilt with location on exhibit map.
- Push pipe through pocket on the back of the quilt.
- Push rope hangers onto each end of the pipe.
- Working in pairs, use step stool to place the hook on the panel crossbar and attach the rope onto the hook.
- Center the quilt in the panel.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Quilt Hanging Crew Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive demeanor.
- Physically able to stand and circulate throughout the exhibit to move quilts into their assigned locations.
- Able to routinely lift and move quilts weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to regularly reach your arms over your head to perform certain job duties.
- Balance and agility to climb a step ladder
- Know and follow safety practices regarding lifting and use of step ladder and other equipment.
- Be able to read and interpret a basic map.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Must wear white gloves during entire shift.
- Volunteers 18 and older may participate; volunteers 5’5” and taller are preferred.
Year at a Glance