Close this Window
Auction - Phone Bank - Auction
Answer calls from viewers interested in bidding on an Auction item. Identify item on the board and record bid details and contact information on a slip.
Phone Bank - Auction Job Duties
- Identify the location of the item boards in the studio.
- Answer calls from WPT viewers.
- Determine the item the caller would like to bid on.
- Clearly write item number, bid amount, and contact information on a bid slip.
- Repeat information back to the caller.
- Write your initials and phone station ID on the slip.
- Hand completed bid to your captain.
- Provide callers with general Auction information.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Phone Bank - Auction Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive attitude.
- Comfortable speaking with callers on the phone.
- Strong communication and pronunciation skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Ability to see and read printed information at close distances and up to 35 feet away.
- Aural acuity to hear and speak with viewers in an environment that has noise/distractions.
- Physically able to negotiate stairs to reach your work station.
- Can work efficiently in a sometimes noisy and hectic environment.
- Ability to complete routine calls from start to finish.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Volunteers 16 and older may participate.