Close this Window
Auction - Bid Runner
Collect bids from the phone bank and distribute to the bid sorters behind the set. Take completed bid packets to the confirmation area. Hand out soda and water to volunteers.
Bid Runner Job Duties
- Collect completed bids from the phone bank captains.
- Read the slip and identify the corresponding location on the board (A, F, Q, King, etc)
- Place the bid in the correct tray behind the boards.
- Take completed bid packets from bid sorters and walk to confirmation area.
- Hand out soda and water to on-set volunteers.
- Avoid walking in front of the camera.
- Direct questions to your captain as needed.
Bid Runner Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive demeanor.
- Ability to see and clearly read documents.
- Elementary level reading aptitude.
- Physically able to stand, negotiate stairs and walk for the duration of your shift.
- Able to routinely and safely lift, carry and move materials weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Aural acuity to hear and speak with others in an environment that has noise/distractions.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Volunteers 10 and older may participate.