Close this Window
Auction - Cafe Server
Prepare and serve refreshments, snacks and a meal to volunteers and staff. Maintain a clean work space.
Cafe Server Job Duties
- Set out paper products.
- Make hot beverages, replenish water jugs.
- Prepare and set out snacks. Deliver food to other locations within building.
- Serve hot meal at time designated by café manager.
- Replenish paper products, snacks, and beverages as needed.
- Clean up food service area and sweep floors.
- Remove trash and wipe down tables.
- Wash and dry dishes.
- Communicate problems/issues to café manager.
- Other duties as assigned by café manager.
Cafe Server Job Skills and Requirements
- Friendly and positive attitude.
- Enjoy working in a people focused environment.
- Able to routinely lift food or food containers weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Physical mobility to place and remove food from refrigerator, stove and storage areas.
- Capability to reach across food service tables and dining tables to clean them.
- Consistently follow safe/hygienic food handling and food storage practices.
- Experience using basic kitchen equipment.
- Ability to follow written/spoken directions.
- Previous food service experience preferred but not required.
- Volunteers 16 and older may participate.