Close this Window
Auction - Display Designer
Set up and arrange Auction merchandise for attractive on-camera display. Create identification cards to clearly distinguish each item for potential bidders.
Display Designer Job Duties
- Determine the placement of each Auction item on the 3 tier movable display cart based on item’s size and shape. Use a blue sheet to write down the location of each item on the cart.
- Remove merchandise from their packaging. Save and store packaging on open shelf area.
- Create item number cards that correspond with the correct bid board and Auction item. (Ex: A1355). Set card holder next to matching item number and position for best on-camera display.
- Follow written display tips provided including HD format instructions.
- Use props provided to help display items to their best advantage and/or model items to help sell on camera.
- Arrange auctioneer script copy and large blue bid board item numbers so they match the display sequence on the cart.
- Visually inspect display to make sure everything is correct before cart is released to Merchandise Movers.
Display Designer Job Skills and Requirements
- Visual ability to attractively arrange items on carts for camera. Creativity is helpful to display Auction items to their best advantage.
- Ability to unwrap and move physical donor items.
- Physically able to stand, walk, stoop, squat and/or bend for the duration of your shift.
- Able to routinely and safely lift, carry and move merchandise weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work carefully and accurately in fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read and communicate in English at a 6th grade level.
- Comfortable working in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Volunteers 16 year or older may participate.