Close this Window
Auction - Pick-Up and Pay Cashier
Greet customers, confirm winning items, and process their transaction. Thank bidders for their support of Auction. New computer software will be used for 2016. Must be comfortable learning and using new software.
Pick-Up and Pay Cashier Job Duties
- Greet and welcome customers to Auction.
- Look up bidder information in computer software program.
- Find the list of winning items. Review list with customer.
- Print list and give to a runner to retrieve items.
- Process transaction using cash, credit card or check.
- Thank bidder for their support of Auction.
- Sell Auction and WPT merchandise.
- Provide customers with general Auction information.
- Work extensively with your captain to problem solve and address each customer’s needs.
Pick-Up and Pay Cashier Job Skills and Requirements
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working with computers and general word processing programs.
- Basic keyboarding proficiency.
- Good communication and pronunciation skills.
- Enjoy working in a people focused environment.
- Be able to accurately add and quickly make change.
- Demonstrated ability to be courteous, patient and resilient.
- Ability to maintain a calm and helpful demeanor in stressful or conflict situations.
- Can work efficiently in a sometimes noisy and hectic environment.
- Ability to discern when to ask your captain for assistance.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Volunteers 16 and older may participate.