Close this Window
Auction - Pick-Up and Pay Runner
Retrieve Auction items from warehouse, confirm purchases with customer, hand to winning bidder and thank them for their support.
Pick-Up and Pay Runner Job Duties
- Familiarize yourself with the locations of the various Auction items.
- Obtain item list from cashier.
- Let customer know that you will be retrieving their items.
- Carefully pick up items and certificates for your customer.
- Go through item list with customer.
- Hand winning items to customer and thank them for their support.
- Assist with moving items to the customer’s vehicle as needed.
- Provide customers with general Auction information.
- Work extensively with your captain to problem solve and address each customer’s needs.
- Other duties as assigned by your captain.
Pick-Up and Pay Runner Job Skills and Requirements
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Enjoy working in a people-focused environment.
- Ability to see and clearly read documents.
- Strong attention to detail, especially in regards to item numbers.
- Physically able to stand and walk for the duration of your shift.
- Able to routinely and safely lift, carry and move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to discern when to ask for assistance when moving items.
- Ability to regularly reach your arms over your head to pull items.
- Demonstrated ability to be courteous, patient and resilient.
- Can work efficiently in a sometimes noisy and hectic environment.
- Volunteers 14 and older may participate.